Thursday, October 26, 2023

The sofa's delivered, but there is a defect

 

The clock keeps ticking, and I am not yet packed for my trip to Chicago.  There is a little bit of ambivalence about this trip, and I'm still not sure of where it's coming from.  But I'll discuss that again later.

- - - - - -

Today was the big day.  I had a few things to do today, and got showered and out of the house by 11 am.  My first stop was to return an item purchased online at the local post office.  Then it was off to the local library to return some books, and finally to Kohl's to do an Amazon return.  About the only thing I did do to take care of myself was a quick burger at a fast food chain.  (I know my doctor would disapprove.)  And finally, I would return home to await the delivery.

Around 12:30 pm, I felt I could use a short nap, so I put the CPAP on so that I could fall to sleep if needed.  (I had the alarm set for 1:30 pm, just to be safe.)  As I was arising from semi-consciousness, the doorbell rang.  It was the deliverymen.  Within 15 minutes, the new sofa was snapped together (the sofa backs slide into place for ease of delivery and setup.)  But there was something wrong - the control for the right hand seat wasn't working.  The deliverymen noted the issue and left.  I didn't have to sign for anything -yet.

Although I still don't know when someone will come to fix things, I told the men that I won't be available until next Thursday afternoon.  Hopefully, everything will fall into place then, and I will have a fully functional sofa.


PS: Amazon sent me an email that I should expect a replacement drill tomorrow.  This is a good thing, as I can not drill into the legs of my coffee table to install casters without it.

PPS: I called Raymour & Flannigan, and got a date 10 days out for replacement of this sofa.  Hopefully, I will have no problems with this sofa - especially, when I have to stay in Mario mode until the new sofa is installed.

No comments:

Miracles of modern dentistry?

Long gone are the days where going to the dentist would be this uncomfortable.  Unlike getting a leg amputated in the Civil War, one couldn&...