Monday, November 28, 2022

Supply chain issues strike again.


 

I depend on this product to keep my falsies in place while I go out and about as Marian.  Recently, I decided to place an order from my usual supplier, and found that they are out of stock.  This has not been the case in the previous times I wanted to place an order, so I asked the vendor what was up - and it was a supply chain issue.  They expected a new product delivery in the next few weeks, and that I would be able to place an order when their product is in house.

Although I will go back to this supplier, I decided to check out other suppliers.  And I found out that the other suppliers of breast form tapes supply an inferior product for my needs.  There is only one other supplier of breast form tapes (sold through multiple outlets), and I'd have to use 2 or 3 tapes instead of 1 to keep my falsies in place.

This is a supply chain problem typical of a niche product, and typical of many problems affecting our nation's supply chains today.  I feel that we have at least another year of these supply chain hiccups to go. Hopefully, we'll experience fewer and fewer of these hiccups, as things get back to a new normal.

No comments:

HVRW Restaurant Week - Tilly's Table w. RQS

  Tilly's Table is a "Farm to Table" restaurant located on an old farm in Brewster, NY.  Normally, I couldn't afford to e...