Last night, I received a text from MSJ asking me if I could postpone our lunch until next week. Considering how busy this week would be for me, I was glad that we could postpone things. But this left me with nothing that absolutely had to be done today.
- - - - - -
I finally got a decent night's sleep and woke up reasonably well rested. Yet, I could not get up the energy to get dressed and go outside for most of the day. MSJ and lunch were postponed until next week, and I decided to make this a Jammie day (again). I still had to take care of things, so I started by washing my wig and letting it dry for future use. (I'm glad I have a choice of wigs to wear.) But what should I do? what do I need to do? And what will I do? all came to mind. Then, I decided to get showered and made up, and put on the dress below.
It is an exercise dress with built in shorts. So I knew it would be a little inconvenient to wear. (Think potential restroom visits.) Yet, it looked good on me, and was appropriate for a summer's day. So I'd be prepared to go out when I finished taking care of things at home.
Around 5:00, I decided to drive to the local mall, and found that there was almost no activity there. The Sears at one end of the mall closed several years ago, and the mall is barely hanging on. Most of the storefronts are empty. Some of the remaining storefronts are occupied by places such as a martian arts studio, an independent jewelry store, and other small independent businesses. If the remaining anchor store (a Macy's) were to close, I'd expect this mall to be closed within a couple of months. I didn't bother to walk the full mall length, as it was very depressing and my legs were bothering me after a short walk.
My next stop was at Trader Joe's where I picked up some fruit, some juice, and some salad I could eat for dinner. Did I need to stop there? No. But I still needed to walk around a little, and it gave me a few more minutes on my feet.


No comments:
Post a Comment