Thursday, May 26, 2022

Italian Direction / Jewish DIrection?

 

Tonight, I was joking with RQS about going to the Brooklyn Botanic Garden and Brooklyn Museum from both "Jewish" and "Italian" directions.  As you can see in the picture above, there is a sculpture with the letters "O" and "Y" that reads "YO" and "OY", depending on the place from where you are looking at the sculpture.  This led to a discussion of how hard it is to get to places in the outer NYC boroughs without changing trains in Manhattan.

Both of us want to visit the museum and the garden when the weather is nice.  But we don't want to deal with the headaches of getting there.  So, we'll pass on this trip for the near future, as it will be in the low 90's this coming weekend.

- - - - - -

The two of us are planning on meeting up with each other after my Global Entry interview later in the week.  We wanted to go and meet in Chinatown for Dim Sum, but we'd miss getting the senior/off peak fare on the way back to Croton.  Originally, this was supposed to be the first time she'd see me in Marian Mode.  But we decided to see an off-Broadway play over the weekend, and this meant going back into NYC for the day.  The last thing I want to do is go in the subway, then walk 1/3 mile to the theater when the weather is over 80 degrees.  So we'll take care of that issue the following weekend.

- - - - - -

As you can see, NYC is going to be an important part of our lives, as RQS doesn't drive.  I'll always be the person behind the wheel (unlike my time with Ex-GF-M, where she demanded that she'd do all the driving).  I don't mind this at all - I just wish parking was easier to find where she lives.

On that note, I'll sign off for the evening, and write some more tomorrow....

No comments:

Lunch with Maria - with a closeup view of MNRR/Amtrak

  Today, Maria and I finally got the chance to meet for lunch.  She has her hands full raising her two grandchildren, as well as taking care...