Maria and I have been having problems in getting together as of late. Her daughter is planning to move out of state with her kids, and Maria can't wait. She's at that stage of life where she's raised her 2 daughters, and is now helping her daughter to raise the next brood of kids. Maria deserves her freedom, having been both divorced and widowed in the years I've known her. She deserves the chance to have an unfettered love life with a nice fellow without having to worry about her children and grandchildren. But the demands put on her by her daughter has made this impossible as of late. So, when Maria and I scheduled a short session to get my remaining foreign birth registration paperwork taken care of (papers notarized), it was something that carved out precious time that was being called on by her daughter.
I was awake early, and didn't start to get moving until 10:15. I was out the door by 11:00, and met Maria at noon. It took some time to make sure that everything was notarized/stamped properly (Foreign Birth Registry form, Grandmother's marriage certificate, Copy of my US passport photo page, and 4 passport photos, 2 of them with notary stamps. We were done within 30 minutes, and I went to Walmart while she went on an errand for her daughter. (That's more than enough about Maria's life for a long while.) By 4:00, I had mailed off the paperwork, and was ready for the next thing scheduled for the day - a co-op board meeting.
- - - - - -
The co-op board meeting went smoothly. We now have a full complement of board members, and we're getting close to the light at the end of our tunnel. Hopefully, these new members will have a lot to contribute when they get accustomed to how the board does things.

No comments:
Post a Comment