I had only one "Must Do" on my task list for today - Lunch with Vicki. And this was the only reason I had to go outside today.
Vicki and I haven't had the chance to get together since before my recent cruise, and I'm almost always dressed as Marian when we get together. So, around 11:00, I got dressed, and went to a local diner to have lunch with Vicki.
- - - - - -
Vicki has lost a lot of weight over the past few years, and she has what they call "Ozempic Face". There's a certain lack of fat in her face which normally thin women don't have. Assuming that I eventually get my GLP-1 drug prescription fulled under the Medicare Bridge program, I'm willing to suffer that change. (Of course, if I'd keep the weight off for several years, I'd get skin reductions to look "normal."
But I digress....
For the most part, I was the one doing most of the talking over lunch. I had stories to tell, and Vicki was in a listening mood. Both of us ordered the same dish for lunch - a mango steak wrap that dripped juice. The dripping was the big problem with the dish - it ruined the wrap, and we both were eating the contents of the wrap without the wrapper. We enjoyed the taste, and might order it again - if there wasn't a juice puddle below the wrapper.
Around 2:15, we left the diner and went on our ways. I proceeded to the supermarket to get food to last me a day or so, as RQS will be up here for a concert in Port Chester tomowwo night.

No comments:
Post a Comment