I haven't risked cruising as Marian since before our current president was elected. His Anti-Transgender policies are meant to push us back into the closet so far, that we will never find our way out of it. With his failure to govern effectively, competently, or predictably, his reputation has gone into the dumpster. And if the Democratic party retakes the House of Representatives this fall, we may finally see a check and balance on this evil man's antics.
Although my first 2 cruises were in the late 1990's, I didn't start cruising again until the early 2000's with my former cruise partner (FCP). And all of the cruises I took after that were in Marian mode, with one exception - a cruise with XGFJ. When cruising restarted after Covid-19, my first cruise was in Marian mode. Once I met RQS, half my cruises were taken as Mario, and the other half as Marian. Unfortunately, the 2024 election changed things for us transwomen.
I'm lucky, when I present as Mario, the image and data on my passport matches my gender presentation. So, I have no problems dealing with US Government "Security" personnel (CBP, TSA, ICE) due to my gender presentation. But what would happen if I present as Marian? I don't know.
Unfortunately, due to health problems, I was unable to schedule a 5-day cruise to Bermuda in which I'd have risked traveling as Marian. And the next cruise I'm likely to take will have me traveling as Mario again, as I'd be traveling to several Caribbean islands where being a member of the LGBT community is a crime.
So, when will I cruise as Marian again?
Assuming that the Democrats retake the House (and, hopefully, the Senate), I want to find an inexpensive New York <--> Bermuda cruise to take in the spring. Bermuda has no problems with my presentation, as I've asked people there about this before a cruise I took as Marian. Let's hope I can do this sooner than later.

No comments:
Post a Comment