Sunday, July 28, 2024

You can call me a clothes horse!

 

It all started out with RQS asking me what I'd like for my birthday, and she suggested a dress from Universal Standard.  As much as I fell in love with the above dress because of its color and shape, RQS prefers a similar dress that I already own with a little bit more detail to make it interesting.  Since she was going to buy me a dress, what is a T-Girl supposed to say, except "Thank You Very Much!"  

She preferred the above dress, and I fell in love with it in a shade of red (not pictured here).  Instead, she suggested that I get a green dress for a change of pace and I agreed.  So, she placed the order for the dress, and I'm hoping to get it before she's up here next.

 
What I didn't tell her is that I also splurged on an exercise dress in my size from the same online store. Although ordered separately, it should arrive at the same time as the dress she knows about.  I figure that I'll be able to wear this dress when doing an occasional weekday walk on the nearby rail trail.
 
 
   
 
Now, I decided to gamble on the above dress, even though it is made of a fabric I don't love that much.  However, I had a coupon from Lane Bryant which made the cost of the dress inclusive of shipping less than $20.  So I figured that it would be worth the gamble to buy it - even if it gets put into a donation bag sometime next year.
 


What good is a nice dress without the right foundation undergarments.  Although I will not be wearing the control briefs until the weather gets cooler, I figured that I'd construct a couple of matching bra and control panty sets from LB that I can wear when I get dressed up in something fancy.  (I'm not talking sexy.  I'm just talking with keeping my fat under control.)


The big question is: What will I be moving to a donation bag to make room for these garments?




PS: I should have bought the blue dress above.  I noticed a stain I have on a similar dress, and am not sure if it will come out.



No comments:

The end of a long weekend

  It's the end of the summer, and both RQS and I have the itch to cruise again.  Neither of us want to wait for our late autumn cruise t...