Wednesday, August 26, 2026

Snacking with a friend in the LGBT community


The Best Nachos

Today, I almost forgot that I had arranged to have coffee with one of my friends from the LGBT community.  This friend (who I will not name) is in financial trouble and wanted some advice.

But first....

I'm glad that I'll be seeing my doctor tomorrow morning.  Although my leg pain wasn't as bad as it's been for the past few days, I know I have to talk to the doctor about it, as well as whether I can get into the GLP-1 Bridge program that I likely qualify for.

RQS got up late, and yet, we made it to the train station on time, without any rush.  Things were working my way for a change.  Once RQS was safely on the train, I drove to Trader Joe's to pick up some food for the week.  On the way there, my friend called to confirm our meeting.  Luckily, I had the time to both shop at TJ's and to get to the diner on time.

Once I was done with my shopping mission, I dropped my TJ's haul off at home, then proceeded to the diner to meet with my friend.  We talked about many things, including some issues she had with her residence.  I made a suggestion that could help her, and paid the bill for our snack. We spent 2 hours in the diner, and I was glad that it was quiet time for the place, as I'd have hated to only order a couple of cups of coffee instead of the plate of nachos we devoured.

When we were finished at the diner, we went our separate ways, and I proceeded to get the mail out of my mailbox and go into my apartment.  I didn't realize it when I opened the envelope that it wasn't addressed to me.  So I resealed it, and marked the envelope "Return to Sender".  (The intended recipient does not live in my complex, and may not have lived here in years.)

My day was over - I was tired, and didn't feel like doing any laundry. All I wanted to do was take a nap, and I did just that.



No comments:

Snacking with a friend in the LGBT community

Today, I almost forgot that I had arranged to have coffee with one of my friends from the LGBT community.  This friend (who I will not name)...