I could have found a picture of a mat asking whether the people at the doorway were missionaries or not. But this one reflects my position on Covid during the darker days of the epidemic.
- - - - - -
RQS got up around 10 and found me in the living room watching TV. I was not in the mood to bother her, and figured that if I left her place around noon, I'd be able to pick up my brother by 1 pm, and get to the law office for the closing by 2 pm. While I was killing time, our attorney called - the closing was delayed 1 hour. While on the phone,my brother called toe to say the same thing. So I killed more time and picked him up at 2.
We did a last minute inspection of the house and threw out some garbage. I grabbed a single outlet extension cord that I planned to use to connect my printer to a non switched outlet. At 2:30, we left for the law office where the closing would be held. And we were there just in time.
Real Estate closings are relatively simple, but require a lot of "I Dotting" and "T Crossing" to make sure that all items on a checklist are taken care of in the proper sequence. And I was totally confused by the paper shuffling that went on. Thank God that our lawyer knew what he was doing, and explained the things we needed to understand.
We were done with the closing by 4 pm, and made it to a nearby restaurant before 5. And that's where the three of us (myself, my brother, and our lawyer) had a filling dinner. All too soon, dinner had to end, and I was on my way back home. Rush hour was over, and I could finally relax again.
- - - - - -
Tomorrow, I can get back to being Marian again and do things I want to do. Additionally, I have to touch base with a financial advisor, and with the foreign birth registry to take care of the next steps in processes I've committed to.

No comments:
Post a Comment