Wednesday, July 29, 2026

Lunch with TCL, with a home without internet or cable

 


Recently, I celebrated by ##'th birthday.  Today, TCL and I scheduled lunch together at a local (for her) restaurant to celebrate.  Sadly, this meant that I'd be dressing as Mario for the next 3 days.

But first....

As usual for a Monday, I dropped RQS off at the train station for her ride home  On the way to get a quick buttered roll at the local deli, I noticed the following:

Guess what's coming to town?   

- - - - - -

Once I had my buttered roll in hand, it was off to TCL's place.  It took less time than expected, and I had to kill time before pulling in to TCL's driveway.  TCL asked me to bring something small and light into her house.  The place reeked of cat!  I'm glad I don't visit that often.  I was glad to be able to get back into the car and drive to the new Italian joint in town. Both of us wanted to try the new place, but we found it underwhelming.  The food was good, but the portions were small.  We'll likely end up going to the "usual" hang out next time.  And then I drove TCL back home. 

I decided to take the Bear Mountain Bridge home, as I expected fewer traffic jams going North, instead of going East.  Although the road was detoured due to a washout,  it didn't take much longer to get to the bridge than it usually does.  And then, it was the "Goat Path" to Peekskill, a 5 minute drive to the library to pick up a book on hold, and a 5 minute trip to the supermarket to pick up food for the week.

Once home, I started on this blog - and then the internet went out for a couple of hours.  There went the Zoom with my Texas friends.  But I didn't want to try to stay awake for them and not be at the top of my game.  So, I sent a message to say that I've postponed things until next week due to an internet outage, and then I tethered my main computer to my phone to catch up on things. 

 

 

No comments:

Lunch with TCL, with a home without internet or cable

  Recently, I celebrated by ##'th birthday.  Today, TCL and I scheduled lunch together at a local (for her) restaurant to celebrate.  Sa...