I'm moving with the help of pain killers these days, and can't wait until I return from my trip to let the doctors get at me. Today could be the last day I can spend as Marian for the next few weeks, and I made the decision to make the most of it.
- - - - - -
Getting up this morning was a little bit of an effort. But I was able to get moving with the help of pain killers and my cane. So, showering would be a pain, as it could hurt to stand while in the shower. Knowing this, I did the minimum needed to present as Marian, and found a dress that needed a second wearing before going in the hamper.
Before I started my morning routine, I contacted the foreign birth registry to discuss the status of my paperwork. I has asked one of my female friends what she did to change her name after getting married, and she said that her marriage certificate was all she needed to deal with America's social security administration, and with New York State's motor vehicle department. So, I came prepared with knowledge that most women did not have to file for court ordered name changes - the government issued marriage certificate was enough. When I finally chatted with an agent, I was told that the official records from New York City (with stamp) were good enough for me to send off. So, now it's off to Maria again (after my vacation) and restart the process of getting my second citizenship.
Although CCS knows that I am non-op transgender and has met me as Mario, I made the effort to present as best as possible in Marian mode. I was lucky not to be in much pain to walk to my car, walk to my seat in the restaurant, and reverse the process in returning home. Both of us needed to talk a bit, and we competed a little to get what we needed to say said. And yet, we did so without trouble, wishing that we could afford more time to chat.
When I got home, it was a little difficult for me to climb the stairs. But, I should be able to do some laundry tomorrow....

No comments:
Post a Comment