Sunday, April 18, 2021

Another Saturday, and I'm glad I can see light at the end of the tunnel.

 

Some trans women feel that other prople want to see their "Cheesecake" pictures.  I'm a t-gal who takes this literally.  Here's a picture of the cheesecake I enjoyed tonight....

- - - - - -

But being serious....

After getting up late, I decided to do a little bit of cleanup and put some of my heavier winter dresses into a storage container, so that I would have room for more of my summer wardrobe.  And then, it was time to get ready to see FH.

I arrived at FH's place about 10 minutes late.  From there, we went to Forest Park to take a walk.  One problem - there was nothing worth seeing, as there weren't enough trees in bloom yet.  Se wasn't in the mood to walk for the sake of walking, so we took a drive around the pricey section of Forest Hills (where Patty lives) to see some pretty trees and nice houses from the comfort of the car.  Once we were done, it was off to the Milleridge Inn for dinner.

Sometimes I wonder why I keep seeing FH.  And the answer comes quick - until I meet someone more compatible, she serves my desire to date a woman during the pandemic. Now that the pandemic is easing off, I'm more aware of the incompatibilities that make me uncomfortable.  And I'm more aware that she is not the person I want to stay with too much longer.  She is not really interested in the things I'm interested in.  She likes to be a center of attention, always wanting to post pictures of her life on Facebook, instead of living it fully.  And, most of all, I don't think she understands, accepts or respects my TG nature.  So I will soon have to bail out of this relationship, in order to free myself for someone who is better for me.

The food at the Milleridge Inn was good, but the service was less than satisfactory.  They are ramping up to full capacity, and have yet to have enough staff on duty to service the tables.  I was far from happy that we had to wave at the wait staff to get their attention several times.  But I will not rule this place out for the future.  Instead, I will wait until they are ready to serve people in the manner they were accustomed to being served before the pandemic.

 

 

As we were going to the car, we saw this peacock walking around the parking lot of the Milleridge Inn.  FH wanted her picture taken with the bird, and I got several mediocre shots.  However, once I saw the bird, I knew I had to be extra careful while driving out of the parking lot.  Too bad that I couldn't take a picture of the "Peacock Crossing" sign we saw as we left the lot.

After a shopping trip to the drug store and supermarket next door, it was time to go home.  This is when FH brought up my TG nature and started making me feel uncomfortable with her statements.  So I tried to shift the topic away several times, and finally said that we will disagree on this. Then the topic changed with a little effort. By the time we got to her place, I was glad to drop her and her groceries off and then get back on the road to my home.

 

 

PS: I have yet to receive a response from my friend WDS.  Hopefully, he's still able to respond - even if only to tell me that he doesn't want to have me visit him.  

No comments:

By the time you read this, I'll have returned from a cruise

  As most of my readers know, I write blog entries between 7 and 14 days before they are made available to my readers.  Soon, I'll be po...