Monday, August 8, 2022

I almost forgot to post something today.

 

Last night, I didn't much sleep.  So I was doing whatever I could to stay awake at work throughout the day, and was very glad I could leave the job at the end of the work day.  

- - - - - -

But first....

During the day, I found out that my doctor's office had taken care of some paperwork I needed, and that I should now be able to pick up prescriptions at my local drug store. (I later found out that the drug store had left a message telling me that my prescriptions were ready to be picked up.)  There is only one problem.  During the week, I live in Marian mode, and hate changing into Mario mode for just a couple of hours.  So I will try to find out whether I can pick up everything on Saturday, after I have changed back into Mario for the weekend (and after I have stripped off my nail polish.)

At times during the day, I check my email.  Vicki sent me an email to let me know that she received a call from me, and that there was no message.  No, this is not as weird as it could be.  On the way home, I tried calling a couple of known numbers, and my phone did not handle communication from either station.  So, I rebooted my phone, and all was OK after I did this.  Vicki and I exchanged a few texts, and we decided to meet and eat at a local diner after work.

On the way to see Vicki, I killed some time at the new Trader Joe's, and then made it to the local diner to meet.  She was surprised that I was there early, and we proceeded to chat about many things.  I mentioned communications I had with my ex-girlfriend and she wanted to get control of that narrative, but I kept control - and got out the points I needed to make.  (No, I won't go into these points here.  But they have been covered before, in details which she could accept in this forum.)

All too soon, we had to go home, and I was in for the evening....

No comments:

California Vacation - Day 04 (Sea Day)

  My body is still functioning as if it were still in New York.  I awoke around 6:00 am, and found that I had fallen asleep watching a movie...