Monday, July 20, 2026

Fourth Day of the heatwave - July 4th

 

Today, we ended up deciding to brave the heat to go out to a movie. It's not because we wanted to go out in this heat.  Instead, it was because we didn't want to deal with an apartment that couldn't be kept cool enough for comfort.

- - - - - -

Both of us woke up around 10 am, and finished breakfast around noon.  There was a movie I wanted to see playing at the local "Art House" and we got showered, dressed, and out the door to make it to Pleasantville in time for the movie.  One problem: too many other people had the same idea as we did, and the movie was already sold out by the time we arrived at the ticket office.

So, what did we do instead?  Well, it was off to a diner for some predictable grub.  Because of the holiday, there was almost no one at the diner.  But it was a comfortable place to eat, even though the selections on the menu were underwhelming.  (Next time, we'll choose somewhere else to have a bite to eat.)

I was glad I was in Marian Mode today, as all I had on was my wig and a short dress (and the usual underwear) - the less I could wear, the more comfortable I could be.  RQS was also dressed for the heat.  And comfort was the word for the day.  Once we were done with dinner, it was off to Trader Joe's (it was closed) and then to the local Stop & Shop.  

Now that we had finally picked up food for tomorrow, it was time to go home for the night.  I'm glad we didn't stay out longer, as thunderstorms rolled into the area around dusk.  Hopefully, we'll soon have relief from this weather pattern soon....

No comments:

Fourth Day of the heatwave - July 4th

  Today, we ended up deciding to brave the heat to go out to a movie. It's not because we wanted to go out in this heat.  Instead, it wa...