Thursday, July 23, 2026

Thankfully, it was cool - but warm enough for a nice dress

 


The next time the weather gets hot, I may finally again get to wear the dress in the above picture.  It's comfortable.  It's lightweight, and it is very prone to developing wrinkles after a few minutes of wear. But today, I wore something slightly more substantial - a dress I got from Kohl's this year.

- - - - - -

Last night, I didn't get much sleep.  So, when the alarm sounded, I shut it off and woke up an hour later.  Looking at my phone, I saw a message from Vicki #2 - she was available for lunch.  But I wouldn't be ready in time. So I messaged her to say I couldn't make it, and proceeded to take care of little things, such as dealing with my cable TV box.

When I sat down to deal with the cable TV box, I was pleasantly surprised - the cable company dealt with my problem overnight, and I hope it stays "dealt with".  So, I then relaxed for a while before deciding to get dressed and go to Costco for some retail therapy.  (Nothing I bought wouldn't be put to use.  So, it was money reasonably well spent.) While driving home, I chatted with my brother.  The bank has approved our buyers' mortgage, and we're waiting on a date from their bank for the closing.  I can't wait for the sale of the family homestead to go through, as it will be nice to have extra funds in my bank account.

At home, I sent out the link for next week's Co-Op board Zoom Meeting, then chatted with TCL and RQS before getting around to cooking dinner (a shrimp concoction from Trader Joe's which I will likely not buy again.).  And finally, I got down to writing this blog entry to close out the day. 

No comments:

Thankfully, it was cool - but warm enough for a nice dress

  The next time the weather gets hot, I may finally again get to wear the dress in the above picture.  It's comfortable.  It's light...