Lately, I'm grateful that I use a cane (albeit mostly for security), as my legs have been giving out on me. So, the decision to drive to RQS's place to spend Sunday evening and go to the closing on the family homestead the next day wasn't done lightly - it was a matter of practicality. There was a much smaller chance of getting hung up in a traffic jam on the way to the closing when I didn't have to cross a bridge, and I knew I had to play these odds.
Knowing that parking spots on the correct side of the street would be scarce the later I looked for a spot in RQS's neighborhood. On one side of her street, there is no parking on Mondays and Thursdays from 8 am to 11 am. On the other, there is no parking on Tuesdays and Fridays during the same hours. I would either have to get up, get showered and dressed and kill several hours, or I could sleep late and meet my brother at lunch time. So, we left my place before noon, and found a good parking spot around 2 pm - about 600' from RQS's place.
Going up the stairs was painful, as my legs didn't want to cooperate with me. But, with a little bit of use, they functioned acceptably. Yet, I knew that I will need to do some exercises to strengthen some muscles to get my mobility back. And I will need to do this before leaving for my next cruise, as I want to go on the shore excursions and not feel like a cripple. At least, I was able to take a nap when I was upstairs.
When evening came, we ended up getting delivery from a nearby Thai joint. The food was good, and I was ready to fall out again after dinner. I'm growing less able to eat large meals on a regular basis, and have already started to cut down some. Hopefully, I won't look like the lady in the photo above when I'm on my cruise....

No comments:
Post a Comment