Yesterday, I mentioned an "Unforced Error". Today, I recover from that error. No, I'm not bothering with the bank until next week. Instead, I just needed to put myself in the right frame of mind to function for the next few days. Of course, I've been putting off calling the doctor for an earlier than planned for visit to discuss what's happening with my legs. I've been waking up around 7 am after 5 hours of sleep. Several years ago, I was getting more sleep and waking up later in the morning. Now, I'm concerned about the little changes in my health which may add up to big things. I'm not as worried about my sleep as I am about other things. I have so much on my mind these days, and yet, nothing that I can't handle with some friends to lean on.
- - - - - -
I knew I needed to get out of the house. And by 6 pm, my legs were starting to feel like they could support me for a while. So, I got showered, made up and dressed, and out the door I went. Although I had no exact plans about what I wanted to eat, I knew I wanted something with more plant based protein than I usually have. So I decided on Chinese. One problem - the new restaurant I wanted to try didn't have working AC. On an 85+ degree day with high humidity, I'd melt in the heat. As a result, I was off to another place to eat.
A couple of miles down the road was a diner I've been to before. The food was good, the prices reasonable, and the portions large enough to have leftovers. This was the place I chose to have dinner, knowing that I'd never make it to Trader Joe's for a food run. As expected, the food was good, and I got out of there at a reasonable time to make a phone call to TCL. (Nothing much in the phone call was worth reporting here.)
Eventually, I made it home with a stop at the local supermarket for some food items. $35 later, I was out the door and on my way home. I'm glad I didn't buy much, as my legs were starting to complain again. But I had food for tomorrow's dinner, and that was the important thing that I took care of....

No comments:
Post a Comment