Sunday, August 23, 2026

Dinner at Lefteris - Even salad can taste good if done right (a short post)

 

Lefteris Gyro is a family owned chain of several Greek Restaurants, whose first store is pictured here.  It has been one of my go-to places when I want good Greek food and don't want to risk a bad meal somewhere else.  Tonight, RQS and I went to dinner at one of their other locations, and as expected, we had a tasty meal.

But first....

I finally changed the appointment I had scheduled with my doctor to take place one week earlier than planned.  My knees were telling me that I'm older than I look, and that I needed to have the doctor examine me while I had time to take care of things.  Yet, with uncooperative knees (and legs), I decided NOT to do a load of laundry.  Instead, I lallygagged until it was time to get showered, made up, and dressed.  And then, I picked RQS up at the train station.

The first order of the evening was to go out for dinner.  We saw the skies darkening, but chanced the restaurant in Hartsdale, NY.  We both had the Greek Salad with Chicken, and took home some leftovers. When we got in the car, we were lucky.  It had just started to rain, and we didn't get wet.  But that didn't mean we weren't affected by the rain.  Halfway home, the heavens opened up, and I could barely see the road I was driving on.  Luckily, I knew to drive slowly, and made it home without incident. 

Tomorrow, we plan to take a long drive.  Let's hope the weather cooperates with us. 

No comments:

Dinner at Lefteris - Even salad can taste good if done right (a short post)

  Lefteris Gyro is a family owned chain of several Greek Restaurants, whose first store is pictured here.  It has been one of my go-to place...