Sunday, September 6, 2026

Getting things ready to go to RQS's place. (a short post)

 

I'm getting ready to leave for my upcoming cruise.  My bags are packed, and I've been taking care of last minute errands today.  For example, my cable box died last night, and I might as well go down to the cable company's offices to get a replacement box.  So many things to do, and so little time left to do them.

- - - - - -

Well, it was hard to get moving this morning, as I must have slept in a way that put pressure on the wrong spot on my spine.  Yet, I got myself moving and by 12:30, I was out the door and off to the cable company store to exchange my cable box.  This took less time than expected, so I took time out to go to the "Mexican Phone Company" (read: Taco Bell) for lunch.  After a short stop at the bank to pick up some cash (I decided not to change the status of my account relationship until I return), and then I was free to leave for RQS's place.

Once at home, I connected the new cable box, and decided to relax for a while.  I had no wish to travel through Manhattan during rush hour, so I made plans to leave Croton around 5, and arrive at RQS's place around 7:30 or so.  This would give RQS time to make dinner, and for me to cool off after getting to RQS's place.

- - - - - -

Normally, I'd have more to write about the day.  But my laptop was already at RQS's place, and I wanted to use my desktop machine at home instead of my Chromebook.  So, this entry would need to be shorter than I'd normally write before going on a trip. 

 

No comments:

Getting things ready to go to RQS's place. (a short post)

  I'm getting ready to leave for my upcoming cruise.  My bags are packed, and I've been taking care of last minute errands today.  F...