I couldn't get much sleep the night we arrived, as my body was still trying to live on New York time. Although I had a couple of naps after arriving, I was up early for New York, but late for London. And that's the time zone I'd be in for the next two weeks....
- - - - - -
We went downstairs to have breakfast around 8 am, and the restaurant was crowded with people - many of whom were going on our cruise. Luckily, a breakfast was included with the hotel stay, and we had a filling meal that should last us until snack time. Once done there, we went to the Princess Cruises representative, and got ourselves front seats on the bus that would take us to the cruise terminal. This would make things much easier for us when arriving at the terminal, as we'd not have to walk far in the bus before getting our bags and walking into the terminal.
And then, we took a nap for a little bit....
- - - - - -
Instead of going to the Jack the Ripper Museum (a .3 mi. walk), we decided to stay in our room and rest a bit. Sadly, we didn't think of buying tickets at the door, but the rest was worth more than the experience of going to the museum.
Around 7:00, we started getting to meet my niece for dinner. We told her to find a place within my walking tolerance, and she made reservations for 8:00. We met my niece and her hubby at 8, then walked about 1/3 mi. to get to a nearby Chinese restaurant. Conversation flowed like water, and I had more beer in one night than I usually have in a couple of months. (Please, don't tell my doctor about this.) We closed down the restaurant around 10:30, and walked back to the hotel, tripping on a curb along the way. I was glad that I had the help of my niece's hubby to get up and back to the hotel.
Sadly, at 11:00, we had to break up - my niece and hubby to their home, and us to our hotel room. It was an extended day, and one I was glad to stay off my feet when I could do so. I dreaded the next morning a little bit, as I expected to be walking quite a bit again.
But as Scarlett O'Hara once said: Tomorrow is another day.
No comments:
Post a Comment