This is a port intensive cruise which will either strengthen my legs or ruin them. Either way, I'll be away from home, and I'm not looking forward to it.
- - - - - -
Normally, I am a little apprehensive about overseas travel, and I'm more so regarding this trip. I had to struggle to get my bags to RQS's place, and still not be sure if I packed everything for the trip. My doctor has advised me NOT to drink alcohol, and I may have a single glass of wine with dinner, and stick with "Near Beers" for the rest of the time.
When we get to London, our plans are to rest on the day we arrive, and on the next day, visit the Jack The Ripper museum a short walk away, then see my niece for dinner. It's not exactly what we want to do. But with my legs, playing it safe may be the wisest thing we can do.
Once on the ship, I'll try to stay as active as possible, knowing that inactivity may make things worse on my legs. And then, I'll have to deal with the headaches of previously planned and paid for shore excursions. At least, I know we'll have good food for the better part of two weeks, as we have unlimited meals in the ship's specialty restaurants.
- - - - - -
I'll write more once I'm underway. Hopefully, you'll enjoy my upcoming posts.
No comments:
Post a Comment