Yesterday, I felt comfortable walking around much of the day. By the time I started my morning ritual today, I could barely walk to the bathroom without the support of my cane. And taking a shower, well, don't get me started about the pain I endured to do that.
But first....
I've been noticing that the pain in my lower body tends to ease off the later in the day it gets. Laying down on the bed may set my spine off kilter, and cause the problems I've been having as of late. So, when I got up, I needed to lean on things to move anywhere. Getting dressed has been difficult for me lately, as I don't have the leg flexibility to put on a pair of trousers the way I'm accustomed to doing.
Walking to the back of the ship for a served breakfast was a little painful. When I sat down at the table, I accidentally pulled the table cloth and pulled my plate and flatware off the table. And this was the least of issues. Even though we got to the restaurant 30 minutes before closing, they should have been ready to serve us throughout the meal. Instead, it felt like they forgot about us until I used my "New York Voice" that always commands attention (by surprise). Then, a few minutes later, our main breakfast course arrived.
Once done with breakfast, it was off to the stern of the ship for a few pictures, and then to our cabin to rest again. On the way back, we found the laundromat we'd be using several times during the cruise. And this made our morning complete.
- - - - - -
After a long nap, we found ourselves strangely not hungry. Although we missed the chance to explore this port, we both were grateful not to have attempted to walk far when our legs (for different reasons) were bothering us. Yet, we made it upstairs to the buffet for a small snack before going to the steakhouse for dinner.
One thing I can say about the ship's specialty restaurants is that the food is both plentiful and good. And tonight's steakhouse dinner was no exception. We both ordered rib-eye steaks and were unable to finish them! (The appetizers were just as good and just as plentiful.)
When we were done with dinner, we went to see a comedian perform. Although most of the audience was laughing, I found his act to be dull and predictable. There was no magic that would make me go out of my way to see him again. Yet, it was a serviceable 1/2 hour of entertainment.

No comments:
Post a Comment