Wednesday, September 9, 2026

British Isles Cruise 2026 - London Day #1 (08/24/26)

 

This is going to be a short entry, as there's not much to say other than we ate and slept, allowing our bodies to catch up and get in sync with a reset circadian sleep cycle.

- - - - - -

 

Continuing from the entry I posted yesterday, We arrived at the hotel at 3 pm.  Everything was paid for in advance, and no one asked for our credit cards.  But I always worry - what will happen if I use a credit card and it gets rejected while overseas?

Around 8 pm, we took the lift to the ground floor and walk to the hotel's restaurant.  The food was good, although it was pricey by New York standards.  Instead of my usual Diet Cokes, I ordered a beer, as it was cheaper to slowly sip my beer than to guzzle Diet Cokes served in 6 oz. bottles. Fish and Chips was the order of my day, and I even tried the Mushy Peas served with the meal.  As much as I might try, I doubt that I'll ever like this side dish.

Once done it was back to the room, and a night where we could fall to sleep with the BBC on the telly.  

 

 

 

No comments:

British Isles Cruise 2026 - London Day #1 (08/24/26)

  This is going to be a short entry, as there's not much to say other than we ate and slept, allowing our bodies to catch up and get in ...