Another sea day, and it's time to do some laundry before we leave the ship. Tomorrow, the ship may empty when it makes port at Le Havre, but we won't be taking any excursions from that port. It's a long trip to either Paris or Normandy, and I'm not in the mood to suffer another bus ride to see any part of France right now. Bur, if I had to make a choice, it would be the D-Day beaches at Normandy, where America last did something worthy of our ideals. But then, I am a little disgusted at the current VPOTUS who claimed that POTUS (also known as the Orange Monster in this blog) has won the war with Iran, while claiming we're not in an undeclared war. (I'm glad I qualify for a second citizenship in a land which is both free and respectful of human rights.)
For the most part my back and my legs have been behaving. I shudder to think what will happen if they give out before I return home. But I'm not going to think much about that for now. Instead, I'm going to think back on this trip, and be thankful that I was able to enjoy it as much as I did.
- - - - - -
RQS sent me a Facebook post about a lady who made an authorized deviation from her cruise itinerary, and got burnt because of it. Yet, she may have an amazing adventure to talk about when she returns to the ship....
One lady made arrangements with the cruise line to depart the ship in Greenock and board again in Edinburgh. This would give her an extra few days in Scotland to be with her friends. One problem: We couldn't make port in Edinburgh due to high winds. So, she was stranded, even though everyone did everything according to the rules. So now, she had to find a way to make it from Edinburgh to London, London to Paris, and Paris to Le Havre before the ship leaves for Southampton. I hope she makes it.
This is why I'm extra careful about shore excursions. They can and will go wrong. Somehow, a person must be able to get back to the ship as planned.
PS: I met this woman as she was at guest services while in Le Havre. She ended up flying to Paris and then took the train to Le Havre to get back on the ship. Hopefully, she'll post more of her story online soon.
No comments:
Post a Comment