Friday, September 25, 2026

Catching up on things

 

There were many things I had to take care of when I got home from my recent cruise. Some of these things were:

  • Paying outstanding bills.
  • Picking up a prescription at the drug store 
    (and complaining to my doctor for misdirecting my prescription).
  • Updating the relationship status with a bank, so that I can move money without penalties.
  • Notarizing paperwork to be sent to a Foreign Birth Registry, needed for a second citizenship (as well as sending this paperwork off to the registry.)
  • Seeing a foot doctor for an issue brought up by my GP.
  • Giving a souvenir teddy bear to the 1 1/2 y/o son of my next door neighbors. 
  • Unpacking luggage.

Getting back to "normal" after a cruise isn't always easy.  But when one is having mobility issues, it can be troublesome.  If I hadn't done laundry before I left for my cruise, I would have a large laundry basket that would be an effort to bring down and up my stairs.

 - - - - - -

Yesterday, I was exhausted when I got home, and I only had the energy to go out for a quick Chinese dinner and to make a grocery run at Trader Joe's to restock my refrigerator.  Today, I had only one thing on my docket - lunch with MSJ.  And we met at the Gazebo in a nearby park for lunch.

Lunch was unspectacular, but the conversation was different.  We both had stories to tell, me with my mobility issues, and MSJ with her trip back from upstate New York.  And then we got talking about family issues.  (I won't go into her issues, save to say that a parent-child role was involved.)

All too soon, lunch had to end, and I took a long drive before going home.  I knew that once I was in my apartment, I was in for the night.  And I was right - the day effectively ended when I got home, and I was glad of that, as I had little energy left in the tank for anything else. 

 

  

No comments:

Catching up on things

  There were many things I had to take care of when I got home from my recent cruise. Some of these things were: Paying outstanding bills. P...